The natural cosmetics have great advantages. We consider our skin as a protective barrier against many external agents, but that is not because we absorb much of what comes in contact with it, to avoid problems would have to use only hygiene products and cosmetics that were absorbed smoothly .
Into market there are a variety of shampoos, soaps and lotions for personal hygiene, its rise in consumption is due in part to the frequent washing and brands that are a claim that encourage consumption.
But many of these hygiene products cause harmful effects to our health, such as wrinkles, weight gain and excess cellulite and more.
Most are made mainly with soap, now almost completely replaced by synthetic detergents . They also use mineral oil instead of vegetable oil, because it is much cheaper.
Containing silicone can clog the pores of the skin. Upon contact with sweat cause skin irritation and may cause some tumors, accumulating in the liver and lymph nodes .
The shampoo composition is very diverse and can find them in the form of liquid, gel or paste .Variations in components such as fragrances, color, opacity, conditioners, thickeners, they become complex products. They may also contain handlers hormones that affect our endocrine system normal produciéndonos side effects that disrupt our already weak balance.
There are people and organizations who are aware of these facts, but the important economic interests of related industries that move billions of euros worldwide, do not move nothing.
Some of the chemicals that compose them are:
- The parabens are preservatives that are in many cleaning products and beauty . They are also mimics estrogen, which increases the production of this in our body. Some scientific studies related to breast cancer, weight gain and expedited aging.
- Propylene glycol sale of petrochemicals and is in many products for skin, softens, but accelerates the aging process dermal and can cause irritation and a variety of dermatitis. Also problems in the liver, kidney and reproductive problems.
- The lauryl sulfates , thickeners and help cleanse and lather. They can cause allergies, irritation to eyes, skin and scalp dermatitis .
- Triclosan is a disinfectant and bactericide. Interferes with the activity of testosterone. When it reacts with certain substances produce chloroform and dioxins, which are highly toxic and carcinogenic.
But not everything is negative, there are natural and cheap to all these products that accelerate aging and hormone-disrupting solutions and many of these alternatives in our house. Nature has propocionado us good elements to make natural cosmetics.
Increasingly appreciated natural ingredients in cosmetics, while it is possible to extract the active ingredients of interest has led to an increased presence of food in the composition of the trendiest cosmetics.
Natural Cosmetics made from vegetable oils and fruits
We may use oils and fruits to make natural cosmetics, some of them and their properties.
The vegetable oils are a good alternative pure cosmetics. There are oils for every skin type and are cheaper and more effective than the products out there for sale.
- The sweet almond oil is a great source of vitamins and minerals, is indicated for skin with dermatitis, cracks or burns, because it is very moisturizing and delicate.
- Coconut oil is tonic, protects and softens the skin and hair. It is not recommended for oily or greasy hair, but if for oily or dry hair.
- Argan oil is the best antioxidant for the skin, its most common use is as mature skin cosmetic.
- The rosehip oil is rich in essential fatty acids that are very nourishing to the skin and aid in tissue regeneration.
- The wheat germ oil is one of the most antioxidant and nutritious, so suitable for damaged or mature skin.
- Hypericum oil , relieves sadness, improves mood and heals wounds
- Calendula oil for Psoriasis, dermatitis and skin blemishes
- The jojoba oil is not really an oil but a liquid wax similar to human fat, helps maintain tissue elasticity and moisturizes the skin.
- Evening primrose oil among other qualities, improving the quality of the skin, eliminating redness, stains or eczema and acne problems caused by hormonal imbalances in women.
Among fruits and plants that are used to make natural cosmetics are the following:
- The apple is the fruit that contributes most to skin care, the variety and richness of the principles it has.
- The grape , is an antioxidant, which facilitates cell renewal and slows aging also contributes to the skin, water, fiber and potassium.
- Goji berries have a high content of vitamins, polysaccharides, amino acids and trace elements, can fight the signs of skin aging, protects, regulates and strengthens skin cells.
- The apricot has a lot of vitamin A and iron plant. This oil is used for treating stretch marks and wrinkles.
- Pumpkin contains carotene, provitamin A and minerals, works stop sunburn and problems such as psoriasis, rashes and dermatitis.
- The strawberry is exfoliating and effective for sunburn and for mouth care and acne.
- The lemon is astringent and antiseptic. Removes stains from hands and clean the hair and teeth, rubbing them with a clarification of the shell and then also disinfects and tightens pores.
- The peach is a good moisturizer for tired skin.
- Melon applied on the face, soothes dry skin.
Other products natural cosmetics how useful are eggs, jasmine, aloe vera or clay and cereals such as rice, barley or oats.by